Video Poker Machine Games
Video poker is such popular due to the high payout percentages and the fact that you have some influence on the result. You decide which cards you hold and which cards you exchange for new ones. Payment percentages (RTP) generally vary between 98 and 100 percent.
The purpose of video poker is to form the best possible poker hand of your five cards. The better you manage it, the higher the payout.
Video Poker Rules
You play video poker with one deck of cards, including Joker. You have the chance to play the best possible poker hand together for two turns. After you have been allocated five cards for the first time, you decide which cards to play with. You set them to "hold." The remaining cards are replaced by new cards. You can decide for yourself how many cards you want to keep. That may be all cards or none at all.
The following combinations result in a payment:
- One pair: these are two cards of the same value, for example, two Aces. Video poker only pays out from a pair of tens (Tens or Better) or Jacks (Jacks or Better).
- Two pairs: these are two pairs of two cards with the same values. The value does not matter in this case. Twice a 2 in combination with twice a 3, counts as well as two Kings and two Aces.
- Three of a Kind: three cards with the same value, for example, three times a 10.
- Straight: five cards with a consecutive value, such as 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. The color and the symbol play no role whatsoever.
- Full House: three cards with the same value in combination with two cards with other same value. For example, three times a 5 and twice a 10.
- Four of a Kind: four cards of the same value, such as four Jacks or four times a 2.
- Straight Flush: five cards with a consecutive value and with the same symbol. For example, that can be hearts 2, hearts 3, hearts 4, hearts 5 and hearts 6.
- Royal Flush: 10 to Ace, with the same symbol on it.
Video Poker: How Much Real Money Can You Win?
The payouts of real money at video poker depend on your stake and the strength of your cards. You bet one to five credits. The payout percentage is usually the highest at five credits. This is because a Royal Flush yields relatively more with 5 credits than with 1, 2, 3, or four credits. Do you want to take full advantage of the high real money payout percentages at video poker? Then you play with a bet of 5 credits. You can set the value of credit yourself on most online video poker machines for real money.
The money paytable for most variations of real money video poker looks like this:
What Is the Best Video Poker Strategy?
You can, of course, see for yourself what you are doing by hand. This way, you can take a lot of risks trying to form good hands. Video poker pays a lot if you have strong hands like Royal Flush and Flush. However, you will achieve the best results at the bottom if you follow the most optimal strategy. Similar to, for example, blackjack.
It all sounds a bit boring, such a strategy, but you really get the benefits. The video poker strategy is not very complicated, but it is quite a lot to remember. That is why it is best to print this page or open it when you play video poker online.
The optimum video poker strategy indicates which combination is a priority. After you have received your first five cards, start at the top of the list. So you check whether you have a Four of a kind, Straight Flush or Royal Flush. Is that the case? Then, of course, you hold these cards. If not? Then look under number 2 to see if you almost have a Royal Flush. It goes on like that with just a Jack, Queen, King or Ace. Don't you even have that? Then you throw away all your cards and ask for five new cards.
The priority list of the video poker strategy:
- Four of a Kind, Straight Flush and Royal Flush.
- Royal Flush except for one card, for example, Jack of spades, Queen of spades, King of spades, and Ace of spades. You then only need spades 10.
- Three of a Kind, Straight Flush and Full House
- Straight Flush except for one card.
- Two pairs
- A pair of tens, Jacks, Queens, Kings or Aces.
- Royal Flush except for two cards. That can be for example hearts ten, spades Jackof spades and Ace of spades. You still miss Queen of spades.
- A flush except for one card.
- A pair of low value. For example a pair of four or five.
- Four cards with a consecutive value provided that the first card is not 2 and the last is not an Ace. The color or symbol does not matter in this case.
- Two pictures with the same symbol. For example, Jack of spades and ace of spades.
- Straight Flush except for two cards.
- Two pictures, regardless of which symbol.
- A combination of a 10 and a Jack, a 10 and a Queen or a 10 and a King with the same symbol.
- A Jack, Queen, King, or Ace.
Typically, the autoplay of a video poker machine adheres to these rules.